The use of SIOT offers great benefits, but it also creates some costs. These related costs depend on various parameters, as follows:
- number of connected inputs & outputs
- size oft he database for long-term storage of data
- bandwidth oft he related IoT traffic
- service level defined in the service level agreement (SLA)
The use of SIOT is paid via SIOTcredits. And there are different ways, how you can get SIOTcredits:
- as a student or research lab of university of applied science Bern (BFH), you get SIOTcredits free of charge (please contact us).
- as an eqipment manufacturer, you can bundle the use of SIOT together with the purchase of your equipment hence enable your customers to use a cloud IoT solution (please contact us).
- and you can buy SIOTcredits via SIOT.me.
Good news: during the current pilot trial phase, you can obtain SIOTcredits fee of charge on SIOT.me.